When I was in high school I was lucky enough to be part of a Magic Kingdom Parade. I wrote all about it last year and you can find it here if you’d like to read it. One of my favorite memories is hanging out at the Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground with my friend and his parents. They came along to watch us in the parade and decided to stay at the campground. It was just beautiful. Now, I’m not a camper, but I always said if I was ever going to try camping, this would be the place to go!
I’m so happy to share this recipe that comes from the Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Although, this recipe was intended to be served as a cornbread, I decided to make corn muffins instead. This recipe is so simple, it’s probably one of the easiest ones I’ve made so far.
These muffins went rather quickly and I was lucky to get just one! They were so moist and not crumbly at all. I think you are going to love them! Now, let’s get to the recipe!
Incredibly Moist Cornbread
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsps salt
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Add flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder, and sugar together in a mixing bowl and blend.
- Combine milk, eggs, and oil in another bowl and blend together; slowly add liquid to the bowl of dry ingredients; mixing as you add liquid. Mix only enough to incorporate together.
- Spray a 9 x 13 cake pan with a non-stick food spray and pour the cornmeal batter into the pan. Make sure to spread evenly in the pan. For corn muffins, spray 12 wells of muffin tin and fill each well half-full. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until a fork inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
I decided to make this recipe last minute. I had all the ingredients and decided to go for it. Don’t worry, I’m not talking my head off in this YouTube video! This week I’m getting right to it! I hope you enjoy it!
Please be sure to check it out, comment, subscribe and give it a thumbs up! I appreciate your support as I continue on this new journey!
If you’d like to try this recipe, you can print it out above. Please be sure to let me know if you try it! I would love to hear how it goes and if your family enjoyed it as much as mine did!
Thanks for stopping by! I would love to talk more! Please come hang out with me on Instagram at @Lovealwaysjoann. You can also find me on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook. If you want to be alerted when I publish a new post, you can follow me on Bloglovin’ or subscribe via email.