I am back from vacation, refreshed and ready to get back in the kitchen! I had some time last week and decided to make a recipe from the Grand Floridian. I’ve had this one tucked away in my recipe book for awhile and figured it was time to make it. If I’m being honest, I knew that the following day I would be having a BBQ for Labor Day and I could get these out of the house faster!
One of the most beautiful resorts (in my opinion) at Walt Disney World is the Grand Floridian. I just love the beauty of it. The grand lobby with the piano music gently playing in the background makes you smile instantly . Maybe one day I will get to stay there but for now, let’s get to the recipe!
The post may contain affiliate links. Joann Salas is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Grand Floridian Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 tbsp (1 1/4 sticks butter) butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup powered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 330°F.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and powdered sugar in a separate bowl and cream with electric mixer until fluffy.
- With mixer running, add eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla. Mix until combined, scraping sides of bowl.
- Slowly add flour mixture, scraping sides of bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon dough for medium cookies and 2 tablespoons for large onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until light golden, 10 to 12 minutes for medium cookies, 12 to 14 minutes for large.
These cookies did not disappoint! I’m also happy to report that they are all gone! I did manage to taste one before everyone else enjoyed them and they were delicious! I can see me making another batch of these cookies for the holidays. They will make a perfect teacher or neighbor gift, so keep that in mind!
I hope you enjoy this week’s recipe and video! If you would like to try this recipe, you can print it out above. Let me know if you try it! I would love to hear how it goes and if your family enjoyed it. Please check out my YouTube video as well. Be sure to comment, subscribe and give it a thumbs up!
Thank you for stopping by! I would love to talk more! Please come hang out with me on Instagram at @Lovealwaysjoann. You can also find me on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook. If you want to be alerted when I publish a new post, you can follow me on Bloglovin’, or subscribe via email.