As I go through the Disney cookbooks and recipes, I’m realizing how many items I still haven’t tried myself! I need another trip back to Disney! Hey, any excuse I can come up with to convince my husband sounds good to me! “This is research, hon, RESEARCH!” On to the next Disney recipe!
Last month I conducted a poll on Instagram & Twitter asking you to help me choose my next Disney recipe! Based on your choices, I made a recipe from Disneyland first. This time, I am making Jack Jack’s Num Num Cookies that you can find at Pixar Pier in Disney’s California Adventure. I recently found out that you can also find these delicious cookies at Hollywood Studios as well! Either way, no matter where you find them, they will be delicious!
This is another quick and easy recipe to make. This makes three very large cookies and, believe it or not, we still have one and a half left, though I doubt they will make it past today. Let’s get to the recipe!
Jack Jack’s Num Num Cookies
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tbsp vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chunks, divided
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line three (4") ramekins with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter and shortening. Using the flat beater attachment, cream together well. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar, and beat 2 minutes. Mix in vanilla and egg, then mix in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chunks.
- Pack each ramekin with about 1/2" cookie dough, top dough with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chunks, and bake 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, about 15 minutes, before removing from ramekins.
I thought I was doing such a great job keeping Michael away from the chips while I was filming this recipe. As I watched it back, I noticed Michael was much faster than me and was able to sneak a few of the chips without me noticing! Little stinker! LOL! Anyway, these cookies came out really great! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did making them!
Please be sure to check it out, comment, subscribe and give it a thumbs up! I appreciate your support as I continue on this new journey!
If you’d like to try this recipe, you can print it out above. Please be sure to let me know if you try it! I would love to hear how it goes and if your family enjoyed it as much as mine did!
Thanks for stopping by! I would love to talk more! Please come hang out with me on Instagram at @Lovealwaysjoann. You can also find me on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook. If you want to be alerted when I publish a new post, you can follow me on Bloglovin’ or subscribe via email.