This week we are back at the Magic Kingdom in Adventureland! One of my favorite areas of the park because … Pirates of the Caribbean, Swiss Family Treehouse and the Enchanted Tiki Room! Need I say more?! I can, but I will leave it at that for now. I was so intrigued by this week’s recipe. The one we’ll be making is straight out of Adventureland – Cheeseburger Springs Rolls. Wow, they are delicious! Now, I cannot wait to go back and try them at the park as well.
The biggest issue I had with this recipe was finding the egg roll wrappers! Once I found them at my local Target, I was ready to go. I made this recipe last night, which was unusual for me as I usually try to film on the weekends. I had a few hours yesterday evening and decided to go for it. Now, let’s get to the recipe!
The post may contain affiliate links. Joann Salas is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Cheeseburger Spring Rolls
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 10 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 1 large egg
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil 30 seconds, then add onion and garlic. Cook 2 minutes, add beef, salt, and pepper. Cook until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and drain. Mix mustard and ketchup into beef mixture and allow to cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat, add remaining 2 cups vegetable oil. It should measure to a depth of about 1". Heat until oil reaches 350F.
- Line a large plate with paper towels and set aside.
- Lay 1 egg roll wrapper with a point facing toward you. Spoon 2 tablespoons beef mixture onto the middle of the wrapper. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheese onto meat. Brush egg onto the opposite two sides of wrapper. Roll up like a burrito, making sure all filling is sealed inside. Repeat with remaining wraps and filings.
- Place 4 rolls in hot oil and cook 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Remove to lined plate. Repeat with remaining rolls.
I may have said this a few times already, but I think this is my favorite recipe so far! No, seriously, these are that good!! As a matter of fact, I just had one for lunch (as I’m writing this) and, even reheated, they taste delicious! I can see these working well as a dish to bring to a family gathering or picnic. Just heat them up and go! The recipe book I used also featured a recipe for the Pizza Spring Rolls and they sound just as good.
I want to mention that I am dedicating this week’s YouTube video to my sweet friend, Nana, who passed away last weekend. She was someone very special to me and my family. We will miss her so much, but we know we now have another angel watching over us.
If you would like to try this recipe, you can print it out above. Let me know if you try it! I would love to hear how it goes and if your family enjoyed it. Make sure to check out my YouTube video as well. Please be sure to comment, subscribe and give it a thumbs up!
Thank you for stopping by! I would love to talk more! Please come hang out with me on Instagram at @Lovealwaysjoann. You can also find me on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook. If you want to be alerted when I publish a new post, you can follow me on Bloglovin’, or subscribe via email.