It’s been over 25 years since I visited Disneyland! Way too long if you ask me! I’m not sure when I will get back to California but, in the meantime, I’ll have to satisfy my Disneyland need with this next recipe I’m making. From my understanding, this is a recipe that is no longer offered. This nostalgic recipe was found in Frontierland at Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. This attraction has been replaced with Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
This recipe is pretty simple, but it packs a great deal of flavor! We are talking about taking S’mores up a level with this recipe! I, of course, had to sample a piece and my son, Alex, really loved it! I think it’s a great recipe you can definitely do with your kids. They will love crushing up the graham crackers and pouring the hot fudge over the marshmallows! Now, let’s get to the recipe!
Big Thunder Ranch S’mores Bake
- 10.5 oz box fudge brownie mix
- 1 lb bag Marshmallows
- 1/4 cup hot fudge sauce, warmed
- 2 tbsp hot fudge sauce, warmed
- 8 graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 9 x 13 cake pan with cooking spray. Prepare brownie batter per package directions and pour into prepared cake pan. Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Place marshmallows over brownies. Leaving oven door ajar, place marshmallow-topped brownies under broiler 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown, watching very closely to avoid burning.
- Drizzle hot fudge sauce over top of toasted marshmallows.
- Take half of the graham crackers and break them into planks; crush other half of graham crackers into crumbs.
- Sprinkle crushed graham crackers over top of toasted marshmallows, and place graham cracker planks randomly into toasted marshmallows. Serve immediately.
It was only Michael and me at home the day I made this and filmed it for my YouTube channel. Michael had fallen asleep and it really gave me way too much time to talk while filming! I’m so sorry, I have no idea what came over me that day but, when I was editing the video, all I could think about was, ‘Is this girl ever going to come up for air?!’ With that said, grab yourself a cup of coffee, tea or a glass of wine. Grab that laundry you need to fold and put away, because I will keep you company while you do it. I apologize in advance but, if you are kind enough to watch this through, God Bless you! Please be sure to check it out, comment, subscribe and give it a thumbs up! I appreciate your support as I continue on this new journey!
If you’d like to try this recipe, you can print it out above. Please be sure to let me know if you try it! I would love to hear how it goes and if your family enjoyed it as much as mine did!
Thanks for stopping by! I would love to talk more! Please come hang out with me on Instagram at @Lovealwaysjoann. You can also find me on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook. If you want to be alerted when I publish a new post, you can follow me on Bloglovin’ or subscribe via email.