Gourmet Macaroni And Cheese with Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese topped with Herbed PankoJump to Recipe
A couple of weeks ago, I took a poll over on Instagram, as to which park should I choose my next recipe from. Epcot was the park of choice and I realized I could have my work cut out for me! I started researching recipes from the World Showcase and all the festivals. I’ll admit, I was a little nervous about this one; however, I decided I was ready to take it on! Seriously, how difficult can it be? It’s just a fancy little Mac ‘n cheese dish, right? This week we are headed to the France Pavilion and making a specialty dish from the 2020 International Food and Wine Festival. Today’s recipe is for Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese with Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese topped with Herbed Panko. Wow, that was mouth full! 😊
I really enjoyed the International Food and Wine Festival during our last trip in 2019. I would attend again and, hopefully, have more time to explore all of the specialty dishes offered. This recipe is from the 2020 Festival. I’m ready to give it a try, so let’s start cooking!
Gourmet Macaroni And Cheese with Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese topped with Herbed Panko
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup panko
- Coarse salt, to taste
Gourmet Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 16 ounce box cavatappi pasta or elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 8 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 lb white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lb yellow cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 5.2 ounce Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese wheels, divided
- coarse salt, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add panko and stir until combined. Toast in the pan for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove from heat; salt to tastes. Set aside.
Gourmet Macaroni & Cheese
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain well. Set aside keeping warm.
- Melt butter in a 5-qt saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until a blonde roux, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add milk, garlic powder, onion powder, and mustard powder and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Fold in both shredded cheddar cheese and two Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese wheels. Blend with an immersion blender until cheese has melted and smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Add hot, cooked pasta with cheese sauce and mix until combined and divide evenly into 6-8 bowls.
- Cut the remaining Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese wheels into 6-8 pieces or crumble into a small dish.
- Top Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese with toasted panko and Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese pieces or crumbles.
- Serve immediately.
I had a special guest in the kitchen today! My sister, Patty, came over for a visit and, although she is camera-shy, she got in on the action anyway. We had a great time cooking together! At times we were talking so much, we were forgetting all about the recipe! This is how it usually is with us but, I am happy to say, we found our way back over to the stove and this recipe is a winner! We both really enjoyed it! You would think with all the cheese used in this recipe it would be rather heavy; however, it was very light! It was definitely different than your traditional Macaroni & cheese recipe. I would highly recommend trying this one at home. It was delicious!
This recipe makes 6-8 servings. It’s a lot! As you will see in the video, this really is great for a large family for dinner. If not, you will have plenty of leftovers for sure! I had my sister take home a serving for her husband and shared two more servings for my aunt and uncle. By the way, they all loved it too!
As always, I’m happy to share the entire process on my YouTube channel. Please be sure to check it out, comment, subscribe and give it a thumbs up! I appreciate your support as I start this new journey! I will be choosing the next Disney Recipe soon, so please be sure to follow me over on my social media so you can follow along!
If you’d like to try this recipe, you can print it out above. Please be sure to let me know if you try it, I would love to hear how it goes and if your family enjoyed it as much as mine did!
Thanks for stopping by! I would love to talk more! Please come hang out with me on Instagram at @Lovealwaysjoann. You can also find me on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook. If you want to be alerted whenever I publish a new post, you can follow me on Bloglovin’ or subscribe via email.